Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Importance of Beauty Within

3 posters

Go down

The Importance of Beauty Within Empty The Importance of Beauty Within

Post  Admin Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:36 am

You may have heard the phrase "inner beauty" a lot already, but what does it really mean? Today I will tackle this all important vast concept. It's important that before you even try to beautify the outside, your "inside self" is happy and contented with who you are. Sometimes you won't be able to exactly identify who you are and that's ok. Just accept that you don't clearly know who you are. Just let it all go and be happy.

If you are like most women, you probably think that inner beauty or the beauty within a person has to do with being nice to others, kind, loving, and all the other traits considered as being good.
Here's another concept for you that I think goes much deeper than observable attitude: Your Inner Spirit.

What I mean by that is being conscious and aware of everything you say, do, think, act, and by being aware you are able to control these factors that may affect you or others around you. It may affect your life and how it goes through the paths you choose to take. By being able to control the potentially disastrous comments, acts, temper, wrong-doings, and the ever hyperactive EGO, and the always volatile emotions you may have, life gets lighter. Go a step further and be aware of your own thoughts and the energy/vibe you are projecting. Let your Inner Spirit live in the moment and appreciate what is in the present. Let go of the Past, however hurt you may have been. Take a dog or a bird for example. They seem to always live in the moment. Enjoying a bone. Enjoying a flight. If you happen to yell at a dog, they will still love you the same. After they have learned what you don't want them to do, they return to you with no resentment and with an ever wagging tail.

Be aware of your thoughts. When you start to think negative thoughts, tell that voice in your head that you are aware and those thoughts that the voice is projecting in your mind will serve no useful POSITIVE/HAPPY purpose. It will go away. You would be able to live in the present, instead of living in your head.

Your inner spirit needs positivism. That's where it will flourish. That's where it will thrive. Here's some of the things that will help you be more positive- therefore more happy so you can live in the moment:
1) Stop being jealous about everything. Example is a co-worker getting promoted when you think you deserved the promotion more.
2) Stop being envy. Example is feeling inadequate because your prom dress isn't at par with your classmates. Stop comparing.
3) Stop validating yourself. Example is caring about what other people think of you. Remember that "other people" are NOT YOU. You are yourself and we are all equal no matter the social standing. What other people think of you does not make you more or less than who you are.
4) Stop the gossiping. Gossip is a form of self validation. A need to prove yourself worthy or better than the person you are gossipping about. That is why gossip usually evolves around a person who has done something unacceptable. Have you ever heard people gossip about someone genuinely good? It's usually the office slut who is always the topic.
5) Stop complaining. A situation is only bad when you label it to be. However, if you label a problem as an opportunity to learn then it is no longer "bad." It becomes useful and positive. The mind and emotion are the ones which escalate a situation. A situation is just a situation. It can either turn to a problem if you perceive it to be, or an opportunity. It all depends on how you look at it.
6) Stop the Ego. It is said that when the ego is gone, love remains. The human ego is by far the most destructive. Spouses fight and noone wants to give in resulting in divorce. Who really knows good from bad anyway? In this day and age, the gap between the two seems to be thinning. Here's an example: Take the MMDA (my Filipino readers would know this, but for my international readers-- The MMDA is the Philippine's equivalent of special traffic enforcers). Along the Ayala-EDSA Intersection. I was coming from Ayala and I wanted to turn right to EDSA going Southbound. Usually, if you're turning right it doesn't matter if your light is red. Just turn whenever it's clear. Unless of course there's a sign that says "No right turn on Red Signal." There was no sign whatsoever so I went ahead and turned right. I was stopped by an MMDA. He told me that since that was the Ayala-EDSA intersection, I cannot turn right on Red and if the EDSA lane is in Green. I said "Huh? That's a lot of conditions. How was I supposed to know that? How was anyone supposed to know that this particular intersection had two conditions when there wasn't a single sign that informs drivers of those conditions?" I fought and yacked but I still got a ticket. Later that day, I called someone who was an "Auditor of the Ombudsman" to look at the situation. He called the MMDA office and asked them to put a sign there to inform the public of those conditions which were specific to that intersection only. The MMDA office person he spoke to asked him if he can let his "auditing" go. Turns out, that intersection was the top 1 income generating intersection in all of the Philippines and these MMDA have qoutas. They need to issue a certain number of tickets per month so the 2,000 plus MMDAs will have an income to take home to their families. It's so these 2,000 people can have a job. If they put a sign in that intersection noone would make a mistake and the MMDA would lose a sizable amount of their income and a lot of people will lose their job. So who was right in this situation? A single driver not wanting the ticket but has the right reason or the MMDA who won't put up the sign so 2,000 people will have a job? The MMDA side has the more noble cause. Otherwise, these people will find themselves unemployed and won't be able to send their children to school. If they don't go to school those kids might find themselves in poverty or lead a life of crime.
(Update, the MMDA now put up a sign that reads "No right turn on Red signal.")
We will never know the origin and the end of something especially when a lot of factors are involved. We can debate and disagree all we want and in the end be more confused rather than enlightened. So just let it go. Stop giving in to the hard-strung ego. Accept that there are things larger and more important and sometimes our human minds cannot grasp it anymore. When you are confused and at a loss, stop trying to think and figure it out. Just accept that you don't know. It's where knowledge ends and wisdom begins.

Those are just a few. Take time each day to notice the unnoticeable. When you look at your self in the mirror, have you ever felt a little weird that there's this reflection looking back at you and you're inside that body, or how you are able to move, or how still you can be? At that very moment, you become aware of your Inner Self existing in the present. Try it with a pet. Look at them. Really look at them. For some reason you feel that they love you and that they are "there" for you. You can sense their Being. Otherwise, you would never be able to say that they are there for you since they can't talk!
This Being and Spirit talk isn't really my forte. I just want to stress that finding happiness and contentment with yourself should be pre-requisite before you even try beautifying the outside. Beautifying the outside with no underlying substance won't really take you the whole mile. And acknowledging your Inner Self may help in finding that true happiness and peace within you.

Peace and Love!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-09-01

https://beautystations.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

The Importance of Beauty Within Empty Re: The Importance of Beauty Within

Post  oramjaney Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:08 pm

It's normal to be attractive to a person based on looks first until you get to know them better and/or want to be more than friends with them. I mean, their looks alone can't keep you in the relationship with them forever. True beauty is within.. even though their physical appearance may play a great deal of a part in the beginning.

oramjaney

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  essentialoils Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:00 am

It makes you the center of attention. It's a natural instinct to want attention from alternative people. Might it's at school or at work, even at home, we feel smart when we understand that we have a tendency to have folks's attention. Whether or not you like it or not, when you are beautiful, you attract attention. That realization will absolutely create you feel sensible about yourself. Particularly for ladies, beauty is everything. It is lady nature to continuously beautify them.
essentialoils
essentialoils

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down